I’m so lazy lately. My job is leaving me utterly exhausted, so half of me wants to do all these cool things, and half of me (which is usually the half that wins) wants to go to bed at 8pm. The other thing that influences the latter is that if I do go do something, like last night going to play D&D, by the time I get home, I have to park 3 zip codes away. I’m not kidding. I can send my car a postcard. The work-from-home Spectrum tech’s truck hogging up a couple spaces is becoming a huge annoyance (“Oh, I’ll park it here…or here…won’t interfere with parking on the street”).
Oooh, strayed off my point. Not that I actually had one. Just some things that annoy me (and this is light-hearted, folks, yes they do annoy me but overall I’m in a very good mood these days…outside of work)…they are quick, and do they bug you too?
- People going “live” on Facebook. Or, more specifically, Facebook deciding that I must see it, without me clicking or acknowledging it in anyway. Just, BAM, there it is, on my screen. I know it’s not hurting anything but seriously, let me do the picking and clicking, ok?
- Hell’s Kitchen. Maybe it’s a stab at reality tv in general. I started watching this show mainly because I like Gordon Ramsay (altho he’s wearing a bit thin on me now) and to watch the cooking. How a service runs, what sort of signature dishes people make, how they use certain ingredients…it’s why I watch a lot of the Food Network stuff (and truthfully, wow, what I’ve learned!). But now, I think maybe this is the 4th season I’ve watched, and they’ve brought back “all-stars”. These are the people who lost in prior seasons. And good grief, what a merry pack of assholes they are. It reinforces my belief that this has long since stopped being about cooking and is now about “good television” and ratings. A couple of them seem like decent folks (if you watch the show….I like Milly, and Michele, maybe Dana), but the rest? What a spoiled, arrogant band. Even if they can cook, would you seriously hire any of those attitudes? As a head chef, no less? It’s really too bad; I’m sure there’s some serious talent out there. And it’s too bad that we’ve become so entrenched in reality shows that we’ve turned our government into one. At least there’s still Marvel.
- This doesn’t annoy me, it baffles me. Sonic. I don’t get the attraction of eating in your car. I may have mentioned this one before, but now that the weather is getting cold, and I still see people in the bays to get their chili dogs from a carhop, it baffles me even more. Although, perhaps eating in your car in the freezing cold helps prevent it from eventually getting that “fast food ass” smell.
- Fuccillo commercials. Hell, ALL car commercials. Billy is all slurring and gropey. No one gives a rat’s behinda bout Megan’s puppies and babies. Provenzano’s attempts at presidential imitations make kittens cry. I’m investing a lot of money in a massive piece of machinery that I intend to have for a few years….why would I buy it from someone who comes across as a buffoon?
- Regarding the above…lawyer commercials have gotten pretty stupid, too. Clever and stupid are not the same thing.